Saturday, November 20, 2010

He Is...

my beautiful boy (:
  I can't believe Aidan will be 8 on Monday!!! Man time flies! My Grandpa passed away the morning of the day Aidan was born. It was a very sad and happy all at the same time. My Mom had a poem someone gave her at her baby shower about an old man and a baby meeting on their way to and from heaven. They read it at my Grandpa's funeral, thinking that that could have been him and Aidan. Aidan reminds me of my Grandpa quite often, especially that famous frown (:  (my cousin said Grandpa must not have only met him along the way, he must have given him a good kick in the butt, for him to end up with such a frown!!) when he is being mischievous  (Grandpa was quite the tease) and of course when he is being stubborn!!!

 I took this picture of Aidan when we out fishing one day in the summer. I really like this picture of him. I love it when I can get a picture of them without them knowing I'm taking it, you catch their natural expressions.


 I used Basic Grey's Lime Rickey (one of my absolute favs!!) The brads, cs, and liquid glass are CTMH. I used an EK Success punch for the scalloped border, it actually embosses too but I'm not sure if it shows up in this pic. I used the cricut to cut out the title.

 Well this is it for the layouts I completed when I went away for that weekend in October. I guess I better get my scrap room finished so I can get back to work!!! I've been painting for a few days now (between the kids room and my new scrap room) I'll maybe take some pics now and then when it is done, so you can see some of the progress.

page 44 of 104

2 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful story! It brought a little tear to my eye! I love getting photos of the kids when they don't notice, too. Those are the ones that truly capture their personality, aren't they? Love the colours and the arrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story struck a chord with me....my son was born the day my grandmother passed away. That was 23 years ago on Thursay....strange thing for us to have in common eh? Love the colours in this paper, they compliment the photo perfectly!

    ReplyDelete