Thursday, October 4, 2012

Dad's Birthday Card

 My dad's birthday was last Sunday. This was a quick card I put together for him. It was easy but I like how it turned out. I got the idea from a card I saw on Pinterest. It was made by Lyssa.

I used a Sizzix embossing folder, Tim Holtz and CTMH paper, the image is a SU stamp (Harvest Blessings) and the sentiment is CTMH.


 So I have some exciting news!!!! (if you are on my FB you've already heard) My friend Jen is taking me on the Crop & Cruise in Hawaii!!!!! My cc just got charged for my passport so I am on my way!!! We fly out November 9th and enjoy the beautiful Islands for 8 days!!! How lucky am I!!!? I'm so glad Jen's husband doesn't like to scrapbook (: So if you have any travelling advice for me, please leave it, because to be quite honest I haven't really traveled before!!


 Have a happy Thanksgiving weekend everyone!!!!! Enjoy your time with family and friends!!

Jenn

4 comments:

  1. Wow Jenn! That's fantastic. You will have soooooooo much fun.
    Great card, love the embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card .. Simple and elegant. I like the multi-layering. I also love that you're going to be traveling .. The importan thing to remember is to enjoy and not worry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is FANTASTIC!!! That kind of image would be perfect for my Father-in-Law! And you are soooooo lucky to go on that cruise, what an awesome friend, eh? I hope you get lots of photos and have a fabulous time! Let's see, traveling tips - I went to Hawaii 4 years ago with my mom and aunt, and we had a lot of fun. I bought two sarongs over there, because everyone was wearing them, and I haven't worn them since! So, don't bother with those. Do you have an e-reader? I just bought a Kobo, and I'm excited to travel with it because it's so convenient to slide in my purse and read whenever I want. Good shoes for shopping (Birkenstocks are my hot weather shoes of choice). And make sure you have an appetite - those Hawaiians know how to EAT! Pork and pineapple everywhere, haha! Hey, I just booked my flight to Vancouver for a concert I won tickets to on November 9th. Must be a lucky weekend! Hugs, Rox.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, Jen! So perfect for a Dad, I love the tractor stamp!!

    ReplyDelete